Content Submission Agreement
(For submissions that are to be used by Faith Counts, its affiliated entities, and others)
- You agree not to submit inappropriate Content. Inappropriate Content includes any Content that infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person; is libelous or defamatory; is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar; violates a person’s right to privacy or publicity rights; violates any local, state, national, or international law; contains or advocates illegal or violent acts; degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification; is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling; contains advertising; contains a solicitation of any kind; misrepresents your identity or affiliation; impersonates others; is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable.
- You hereby grant to Faith Counts, LLC, and to its licensees, successors, assigns, and affiliated entities (collectively, “Faith Counts”) the right to publish and use any Content that you submit. Additionally, you hereby grant to Faith Counts a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, and nonexclusive, transferable license to use Content you submit throughout the universe in perpetuity, and to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, sublicense, sell, and to incorporate the Content (in whole or in part) in other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you also waive forever and throughout the universe, any and all so-called “moral rights” you may now or hereafter have in and to your Content and to each and every part thereof for any and all uses, media, and/or forms now known or hereafter existing. You further agree that while Faith Counts is under no obligation to provide you with credit or attribution for the Content you submit, Faith Counts may, at its sole discretion, use your name and other personal information that you provide in connection with the use of the Content. You also authorize Faith Counts to edit your Content for grammar, spelling, and general content.
- You acknowledge that Faith Counts may collect or maintain certain personal information about you, including your name, age, email address, and home or business address. Faith Counts uses this information to help administer the use of any Content that you may submit, and to identify and contact you regarding your submission of Content. You hereby consent to the collection, use, processing, maintenance, and disclosure of such personal information for the purposes described above.
- Faith Counts is not obligated to accept or to use any of your Content in any form. While Faith Counts acknowledges that you will continue to own all copyrights in any Content you create (subject to the licenses and rights granted herein), you acknowledge and agree that you will not have any right, title, or interest in or to any work, publication, or material produced by Faith Counts that is based upon your Content or that contains all or a portion of your Content. You agree that you have not, and will not, sell or license any part of your Content in a way that would impair or restrict Faith Counts from fully using the licenses and rights you have granted in this Agreement.
- You are under no obligation to submit any Content to Faith Counts. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation for any Content you submit, for the licenses or rights granted herein, or for any waiver or any grant of additional rights as set forth in this Agreement. You agree that Faith Counts’ review of your Content for possible use is adequate consideration for the rights and licenses granted in this Agreement.
- You certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Content. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may submit Content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
- You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to, or who are depicted or featured in, any Content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other Content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the Content.
- You agree to indemnify Faith Counts and its officers, managers, affiliates, and licensees, from and against any losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to any Content that you have submitted.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and any disagreement arising from or related to this Agreement that cannot be resolved through informal discussions shall be resolved exclusively in the courts located within Salt Lake County, Utah. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such holding shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall be considered valid and operative to the fullest extent permitted by law, but only if and to the extent such enforcement would not materially and adversely frustrate the parties’ essential objectives as expressed herein. In the event of any dispute regarding this Agreement, you will be limited to monetary remedies, and you will not be entitled to terminate or rescind this agreement, or to enjoin, restrain, or otherwise interfere with the exercise of any of the licenses, rights, and releases granted herein.