Watch the Top 10 here
The Film Your Faith Video Contest Fan Favorite will be announced on August, 11th.
What does the world look like through your unique lens of faith? Pull out your phone, grab your camera gear, tap record, and show us in two minutes or less how faith changes lives, relationships and communities for the better.
We believe that faith is more than a tradition or a group of sayings that inspire for a moment and then leave you empty. Faith is a living, breathing, life-lifting, incredible thing vital to today’s culture in its many forms. The fruits of faith are still fresh today.
So tell a story that makes us laugh, brings us to tears, inspires, entertains, or all of the above. Let your imagination run wild and your camera follow. You don't have to be the next Spielberg to play-you just need a phone and an idea.
How it works
Make A Video
Create a compelling video (two minutes or less) that showcases the power of faith in a positive light. Helps us understand. Teach us. Motivate and inspire us. This is your chance to show the world what faith is all about. Downloadable end slates here.
Upload your video to your YouTube account and then fill out the entry form below. Entrants must be 18 years old or older. The deadline for entries is Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 11:59 EST.
Use #FaithCounts when you share your video.
After the first round of judging, the ten final videos will be announced June 26 and will be eligible for the Fan Favorite award. Come back then to see if your video made the cut and vote for your favorite between June 26 and July 31!
Faith Counts judges will pick the Grand Prize winner ($20,000) and one Honorable Mention winner ($2,500). A Fan Favorite winner ($10,000) will be chosen by popular vote on FaithCounts.com.
Two ways to win, three great prizes. Faith Counts judges will pick the Grand Prize winner and one Honorable Mention winner. The ten finalist videos (announced after the first round of judging) will also be eligible for the Fan Favorite award, which will be chosen by Faith Counts fans, your friends and family by voting on FaithCounts.com. The Grand Prize Winner will also win a trip to Columbus, Ohio, for the big announcement!
Grand Prize winner will win $20,000
Fan Favorite will win $10,000
Honorable Mention will win $2,500
Ideas to get you started
- How has faith inspired you? Comforted you? Empowered you?
- How has faith motivated you to help others? Or, motivated others to help you?
- How is faith a source for good?
- Have you witnessed a person doing something good because of their faith? How about an organization doing something good because of their faith?
- Check out entries from previous years here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I've never made a video before. Where do I start?
A: Don’t be intimidated! Some of the most viral videos are taken by people just like you, with simple camera phones.
Q: Can I ask someone for help?
A: Yes! Ask for opinions or help from others – get a few close friends to preview your video and be open to feedback; if your school has a film department or graphics department, ask for their input!
Q: Can I use a video I’ve created for another project?
A: We want everyone to have a fair chance for this contest, so we’re looking for original content. Your submission cannot have been previously published, submitted, distributed or aired prior to putting it on YouTube for this contest.
Q: How does the judging work?
A: All entries will be judged by a panel of Faith Counts judges. Two rounds of judging will take place. During the first round, the panel of judges will narrow down the entries to the top ten videos. The ten finalist videos will be eligible for the Grand Prize, Honorable Mention and Fan Favorite awards. Faith Counts judges will pick the Grand Prize winner (receiving $20,000) and one Honorable Mention winner (receiving $2,500). The Fan Favorite winner (receiving $10,000) will be determined by votes on FaithCounts.com. The voting period for the Fan Favorite award is June 26 – July 31, 2018.
Q: When will the winners be announced?
A: The Fan Favorite winner will be announced on the Faith Counts social media channels on or about Friday, August 10, 2018. The Grand Prize winner and the Honorable Mention winners will be announced on Friday, September 14, 2018 at an event in Columbus, Ohio and on the Faith Counts social media channels.
Q: Can I win the Fan Favorite award and be chosen for the Grand Prize or Honorable Mention award?
A: That would be really cool, right? But we want to make sure we recognize as many incredible entries as possible, so your video submission is only eligible to win one prize. If a submission is chosen by the judging panel to win the Grand Prize or Honorable Mention and is also chosen by popular vote to be the Fan Favorite, the entrant will receive the prize with the higher cash amount and the judging panel will award the other prize to the entrant with the next best scores (either in the judged category or the Fan Favorite category, depending on which prize is forfeited by the winning entrant).
Do you have a burning question that we didn’t cover? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to read and agree to the Official Rules to enter. It’s got all the important lawyerly stuff, including:
- You have to be 18 years or older to enter.
- You can’t use someone else's video or music - especially famous musicians. They really don't like that! If you want to use someone else's music, you need to have their written permission. There are some great sites online with "license-free" music clips that you CAN use. See more details about rights in the Official Rules.
- You have to be able to get written agreements from anyone who appears in your video (pretty much saying, "Hey, I'm okay with being shown in this video.").
- You must be willing to give us rights to your entry submission - because if it's really good we'll want to share it with others!
- Videos must be appropriate - no bad language, nudity or anything like that.
- Videos must showcase faith in a positive light.
- If your entry is chosen as a finalist (top 10 videos), you must be willing to talk to the media about your experience making your video. If you are chosen as the Grand Prize winner, you agree to make your best effort to attend the big announcement in Columbus, Ohio on September 14. Faith Counts will pay for airfare, hotel and meals for the trip.